Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Father - Emanuel Klein - The Legacy...




My first and greatest teddy bear, teacher, ally, confidant, dance teacher (standing on shoe toes,) and mentor... My Father.

He gave me one of the greatest gifts of my life- a love of books! For as far back as I can remember, my fondest memories are those of my father reading to me. The total peace of mind, cuddled up with him to read a book together, still takes me back.

Every major event in my life was celebrated with a special present from my father- a book. When I was sick, he brought home a book. I was especially fond of Dr. Seuss, later on Nancy Drew, moved up to Sherlock Holmes and so on... When life disappointed me, I always found solace in a book.

When life gets you down, escape with a great book. You can go anywhere in the world (or beyond...), you can do anything you want to do, be anyone you want to be, and never leave the comfort of your favorite reading spot.

My wish for you is this:


May you always have the friendship of a good book whenever you need it, and may you share this special friendship with those you love!



Thank you Daddy!

posted by An Educational Voyage @ 10/08/2005 01:08:00 AM  
Post a Comment 1 Chain Reaction(s)
Click here to read An Educational Voayage's newest Blog Posts!

1 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 12:45 PM, Blogger Reality-Based Educator said...

Beautifully said...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home